Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Nearing Year End Thoughts

Wow - another year is almost done!  I've always thought that time went by too quickly but since I've become a mom I think someone put the clock in super speed mode.  Really, can we just slow it down a little bit!  In many ways 2010 has not been a good year (mom diagnosed with BC, Travis still not loving (who am I kidding......I should say not even remotely close to liking and simply tolerating because it is the right thing to do and he is a great guy) his job, my company deciding to close it's doors and being lucky to still be employed but not doing a job that I would have hand picked for myself, Travis' dad having multiple surgeries, etc., etc. 

But I can't be all gloom and doom.  The things I am thankful for are plentiful as well.  Mom is doing pretty well & we are praying every day that she is healthy and that she, the medicine, and doctors do what they need to do to keep her that way.  Please God, bless her and our family with health and happiness.  Please bless her with continued employment as well!  I am still employed and did get a promotion and I really enjoy the people I am working with.  Sam is growing like crazy and is a huge blessing in our lives every single day!  My older sister and her family moved to town this fall.  My hubby is amazing!  I have a great vacation coming up in January!  And did I mention my hubby is amazing???????

It has been a busy year of training as well.  I did two triathlons this year, a few 5Ks, and I trained for a half marathon and a 20K that I didn't end up running at the last minute do to illness.  I am in the home stretch of training for the Goofy at Disney in January.  Looking back at 2010 here are my training stats so far.  I'm hoping to get to 1,000 miles running by the end of the year!

2010 totals through the end of November


Bike: 64h 46m 03s - 1064.34 Mi
Run: 149h 46m 59s - 883.57 Mi
Swim: 6h 38m 38s - 14000 M

We spent Thanksgiving with Travis' family and took some great pictures of Sam outside.  It is hard to believe that the temp was 55 degrees on Saturday.
 
This weekend we are planning on a 10 mile run on Friday and a 18-20 mile run on Saturday.  It is time to get ready for the back to back that will be the Disney Half and Disney Marathon.  Wish me luck - hopefully I'll be relaxing on Saturday night basking in a Big XII Championship for my beloved Huskers!  GO BIG RED!

No comments:

Post a Comment