Wow you marathon runners are amazing. We did our 1st ever 20 mile run this morning and I am mentally drained! My feet are some too and my legs were really tight. Now they are starting to swell up a bit. I woner if the leg poofiness is normal. I hate the Michelin Man feeling.
The first several miles were hard. It was 24 degrees when we started running and my lower half wasn't dressed appropriately. My buns and thighs went numb and stayed that way until mile 10. 10-15 went ok and after that things got progressively worse. The last two were tough but we made it! I'm proud of my hubby too!!!
In two weeks we go 22. Two weeks after that is 24 the 26 and we are good to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
Great job! Rest up now to get ready for the next one.BTW--are you planning to run 26 in training? I would recommend against it--too much of a hit for your legs, imho.
ReplyDeleteI think something must be wrong with you
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!agree with miss zippy. I would only do 20.
ReplyDelete